One of the most frequently asked questions the CWSC receives is “where can I find a contractor for fuel reduction?” The table below is an attempt to answer that question. PLEASE NOTE: The CWSC makes no recommendation or endorsement of the contractors listed, nor do we guarentee their work in any fashion.
Recommendations for using a contractor:
- Know your property lines.
- If you have a written scope of work (from a cost-share program or forester), share that with each contractor you contact.
- Meet with several contractors prior to making a selection. Questions to ask:
- What type of equipment do you use?
- What can I expect my property to look like when you are finished?
- When will you begin work and when do you anticipate finishing?
- Are there things I can do myself to keep the cost down?
- How will you dispose of excess material (what will happen to the chips if you chip the wood)?
- Are you insured? Bonded?
- Do you have names of previous clients we can call or work sites we can visit?
- When is your payment due?
- Do you use written contracts?
Are you a contractor? Request to be added to the CWSC Contractor List
Carani Lawn Care
Defensible space, fuel reduction services, landscaping
Leavenworth509-548-4154 Jim’s Alder Smelter Poles,Inc
Following fuel reduction plans, our personnel would work to clear underbrush utilizing hand tools and a chipper. We would work to keep ditches clean and free of debris always keeping in mind the concerns of the property owner.
Leavenworth(360)66-4030/(360)391-7666/(360)941-1106; email@example.com Home Assessments
Cascadia Conservation District
Technical and financial assistance available for forest landowners. Cost-share program that covers 75% of project cost – funding dependent.
Derby Canyon Natives
We grow and sell native plants and seed from North Central Washington. Located in Peshastin, we offer trees, shrubs, wildflowers and grasses grown from seed and cuttings collected in our region.
Provide services in design, renovation and maintenance. Certified arborist, pesticide applicator’s license and knowledgeable in all aspects of yard, shrub and tree care.
East Wenatchee509-669-5429; firstname.lastname@example.org Arborist/Tree Services
Kile Tree Service
We are professional ISA Certified Arborists out of Wenatchee, and we can help you with all your tree pruning and removal needs. We also provide Consulting Arborist services, to assist you in fire-wise planning, preparing fire damage insurance appraisals, or general assessment of your trees for health and safety. Please call for a free estimate.
Thin Air Logging & Tree Service
A company specializing in all aspects of tree removal, Logging and fuel reduction in Chelan County. In many cases we are able to give the best rates because we have the proper equipment to do the job efficiently & utilize parts of the tree that have value which other companies cannot we can pass the savings onto the customer. We use specialized equipment in all applications. We are Licensed, Bonded & Insured and strive for customer satisfaction on every job no matter how large. Ask for referrals!
Chelan County509-670-8139; Thinairlogging@aol.com Fuel Reduction, Arborist/Tree Services, Landscaping, Home Assessments, Other
Wildfire Home Protection LLC
We are a forestry business that specializes in hazardous fuels and ladder fuels reduction, hazard tree removal, pile burning, pile building and prescribed fire, chipping and thinning. We like to educate our customers on how forest restoration can reduce the risks from wildfire, promote healthy forests, reduce the damage from disease, insects and pest. The treatments we provide make our forests more resilient and help preserve this valuable resource for future generations to come. No job is too big or small, we’ve got your fire preparedness needs covered!
Comprehensive Wildfire Defense
WA Reg: CC FIREWL*854RD
Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Small to large fuels reduction- on any grade slope
- Dense brush clearing
- Tree removal
- Home hardening - including external sprinkler installation
- Firewise assessments (NFPA 1144 or FireWise standards)
- Chipping with chip removal
- Small diameter logging
- Firebreak design and construction
- Uphill cup trench construction