RESOURCES for business owners
These resources include tools to help you plan, prepare, and protect and maintain operations when affected by wildfire. They include worksheets to help businesses analyze the risks, effects, and consequences of disruption and a guide to help develop recovery strategies.
Shelter in Place. Be prepared to shelter at work for at least 24 hours. Make sure you have food and water and other necessities like medicines in your kit.
Evacuation. Post a map of evacuation routes in a visible location. Practice! Know how long it will take to get ready & evacuate.
Special Needs. If you work with or employee persons with special needs, complete the Chelan County Special Needs Registry.
your employees & clients
business emergency plan
Complete your Business Emergency and Communications Plan. Your emergency plan should address how to safely shut off utilities (and where the shut-off switches are located), what to bring with you, and a back-up of all electronic and hard copy business records.
A business continuity plan is a plan to continue operations if a place of business is affected by different levels of disaster (e.g., localized short term disasters, days long building wide problems, permanent loss of a building).
- Determine which business functions are essential. Is the internet critical for your business? Do you have a back-up plan in case the internet is unavailable?
- Talk with your insurance agent about what type of coverage you have and whether or not you are adequately protected.
- Protect your assets – document/photograph your inventory.
- Store copies of back up copies of electronic data, insurance paperwork, and supplier information off-site.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN
- Support community wildfire preparation efforts: provide Firewise building and landscaping info to developers for new home construction; offer discounts for the purchase of Firewise home and landscaping materials; distribute education and outreach materials; provide fire information packets to visitors/tourists.
- Collaborate with neighboring businesses and the Bavarian Village Business Association to connect and bridge community wildfire preparation efforts.
- Partner with the CWSC to sponsor a business continuity planning workshop or event or learn how we can assist you in developing a business continuity plan or a community resilience plan.