A Community Prepared.
During a fire, our community responsibility is to respond in a manner that reduces risks to ourselves, our families, and our property. Evacuation advisories are issued quickly as conditions warrant and no single method of communication is fail safe. During a fire, monitor local radio stations, talk to responders and emergency management personnel, and stay connected to trusted social media sites.
- Ensure that your family and workers know evacuation routes, meeting locations, safe zones, and how to contact you
- Keep apprised of the status of the fire: location, size, proximity to home or harvest operations
- Listen to weather updates
- Abide by fire precaution levels, burn bans, and emergency responder warnings
- Evacuation Alerts will be used to notify residents, businesses, and landowners. You do NOT need to wait until you are notified to leave.
Carlton Complex Fire, WA 2014. Photo courtesy of Michael Cushman Photography