Support North Central Washington
You can help support North Central Washington by donating at either of the links below.
You can help support community wildfire preparedness and recovery through the CWSC here.
Quick Tips for Emergency Preparedness
- Make a kit for your family! Follow the CWSC on Facebook for #makeakitMonday and assemble your kit week by week.
- Make a kit and have plan for your pets!
- Create a home inventory. Use the State Farm Home Inventory Checklist!
- Have a plan! Know at least two ways out of your home and neighborhood and PRACTICE.
- Prepare your kids at a level appropriate for their age.
Blog Posts from Partners
- Recreating Forests of the Past Isn't Enough to Fix Our Wildfire Problems
- Firewise recognition status now achieved by 1,300 communities
- It’s Time for FAC Practitioners to Get Involved in Policy Education
- Firewise is making a difference in Trahlyta Estates at Dahlonega, Georgia and Spring Cove at Blairsville, Georgia
- Women in Fire: Announcing October’s WTREX
- Wildland firefighters need to choose insect repellants wisely, considering product flammability.
- June issue of Fire Break: HIZ seminar recap, wildfire potential for New Jersey and more
- Extreme heat contributes to an extreme wildfire season out West
- Becoming DWaRF
- Fire protection engineers analyze, grapple with WUI fire risks and solutions