5 Things To Do Before A Wildfire:
- Harden your home by replacing flammable siding, roof and deck materials with non-combustible materials.
- Replace vent screens with 1/8" or smaller metal mesh.
- Clear brush from along your driveway to allow better access for emergency vehicles and make sure your address sign is clearly visible (e.g. reflective numbering).
- Clean roofs, gutters and decks (move flammable furniture, remove dead branches and pine needles).
- Move wood piles at lease 30 feet away from structures.